Super Rewards is an innovative loyalty program offered by “Société Générale de Banque au Liban SAL” allowing all SGBL individual cardholders to earn points by using their SGBL credit or debit card(s) at any point of sale and to spend them freely for anything, anytime and anywhere around the world.
Card(s) refers to all type of SGBL cards whether debit or credit cards, primary or secondary cards (to the exclusion of OPL cards and prepaid cards).
Cardholder refers to any SGBL individual client having an active bank account at SGBL and holding an active SGBL credit or debit card. SGBL corporate clients are not eligible for Super Rewards.
SGBL refers to “Société Générale de Banque au Liban SAL”, a Lebanese corporation duly registered on September 3, 1953 with the Commercial Registry of Beirut under No. 3696, having its principal place of business at Sin EL Fil, Saloumeh roundabout, SGBL’s headquarters, Lebanon.
Super Rewards refers to “Société Générale de Banque au Liban SAL”, a Lebanese corporation duly registered on September 3, 1953 with the Commercial Registry of Beirut under No. 3696, having its principal place of business at Sin EL Fil, Saloumeh roundabout, SGBL’s headquarters, Lebanon.
Super Rewards Account refers to the account opened in SGBL’s books under the Cardholder’s name allocated to the accounting of Super Rewards with regard to all Cards held by the Cardholder.
Super Rewards Website refers to the website accessible at superrewards.sgbl.com, provided by SGBL (and managed by a third service provider) for the Cardholders to purchase products and/or services via the redemption of Super Rewards.
The Cardholder may accumulate Super Rewards by using Card(s) for the purchase of any product or service at any point of sale (POS) or online store (to the exclusion of returned or refunded purchases, cash advances and unauthorized or fraudulent transactions).
The number of Super Rewards earned by the Cardholder will vary according to the type of Card used as described in the schedule below:
|Group of Cards||Type of Cards||Accumulation Ratios|
|Group (1)||Debit, Flyy, iLive, Sogepargne, Cosmos Classic, Bonifika Classic and eSurf||USD1 (one US Dollar) spent = 1 (one) Super Rewards earned|
|Group (2)||iLive Titanium, Debit Platinum, Bonifika Gold, Bonifika LBP Titanium, Cosmos Gold, Europa||USD1 (one US Dollar) spent = 1.25 (one point twenty five) Super Rewards earned|
|Group (3)||Platinum, Europa Platinum and Infinite, World Debit and World Charge||USD1 (one US Dollar) spent = 2 (two) Super Rewards earned|
|Group (4)||World Elite||USD1 (one US Dollar) spent = 2 (two) Super Rewards earned for domestic use and USD1 (one US Dollar) spent = 3 (three) Super Rewards for cross-border purchases|
It is understood that:
(1) The cancellation of a Card will not affect the Super Rewards previously accumulated by the use of the said cancelled Card. The same applies to the expiry of a Card.
(2) Super Rewards are valid for a maximum of 3 (three) year period starting from the date of their accumulation and will be automatically annulled after the said expiration period.
(3) The balance of the Super Rewards Account will be automatically swept (and all Super Rewards credited thereto will be automatically annulled) at the end of each calendar year if no Super Rewards were accrued therein for a period of 365 (three hundred sixty five) consecutive days.
(4) Super Rewards are personal to the Cardholder and may not be subject to any assignment and/or transfer and/or sale and/or donation (in any form whatsoever), unless with SGBL’s prior discretionary approval.
The redemption of Super Rewards accumulated as set forth in article (III) above can be undertaken by the Cardholder against the purchase of products and services via the Super Rewards Website and/or any POS in Lebanon (and/or abroad) and/or via the web.
The redemption of Super Rewards is subject to the following minimum thresholds and conversion rates:
|Transaction Type||Minimum Thresholds||Conversion Rates|
|Purchase of products and/or services||4,000 (four thousand) Super Rewards are required.||200 (two hundred) Super Rewards are equivalent to USD1 (one US Dollar).|
|Travel and hotel reservations||No minimum transaction amount is necessary but a minimum Super Rewards Account balance of 40,000 (forty thousand) Super Rewards is required.||167 (one hundred sixty seven) Super Rewards are equivalent to USD1 (one US dollar).|
Redemptions can only be made by the Cardholder for his own benefit subject to the terms and conditions levied by the relevant merchant partner.
Super Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash, and once redeemed Super Rewards cannot be re-credited to the Cardholder’s Super Rewards Account, except as provided in the Return Policy of these Terms and Conditions.
The Cardholder’s POS purchases of goods and/or services are executed by simply activating the Super Rewards button on SGBL mobile application or on eSGBL website.
The activation by the Cardholder of the Super Rewards button is done by abiding with the below instructions:
- Go to Super Rewards page through the main menu
- Activate your Super Rewards function by tapping the button next to the card you wish to use.
- Turn off the Super Rewards function once done
Super Rewards Website purchases can only be made by the Cardholder with the use of Super Rewards after accessing the Super Rewards Website and entering the relevant username and password.
It is understood that:
(i) The balance of the Cardholder’s Super Rewards Account should be at least equal to the total value of the purchase(s) (delivery charges included);
(ii) An order shall only be deemed to be accepted when the Cardholder receives an email confirming the acceptance of the order. In case of refusal of the Cardholder’s order (for any reason whatsoever), the purchase transaction debited from the Super Rewards Account will be reversed.
The cardholder can access the Super Rewards redemption website, through eSGBL or SGBL mobile application.
Steps to follow
All purchases of goods and/or services are subject to availability, limited periods (more particularly the offers listed under the “hot deals” section) and the terms and conditions set forth by the merchant partner.
Return, exchange or refund of goods is only allowed in case of non-compliant, damaged or defective items subject to SGBL’s notification of the Cardholder’s complaint by calling 1274 (Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm and Saturday from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm, excluding holidays) or emailing “firstname.lastname@example.org” within a maximum period of 3 (three) working days starting from the date of delivery of the aforesaid defective or non-compliant items.
SGBL reserves its right to amend or replace, at any time and without prior notice, these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to, Super Rewards accumulation and/or redemption modalities.
1. The Super Rewards Website is managed by a third-party service provider assuring links with merchant partners. Therefore, SGBL will be and remain extraneous with regard to any purchase undertaken by the Cardholder via the said website (as it is the case for other online purchases).
2. The Super Rewards Website including all content, information, materials, functions as any products and services made available to the Cardholder is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis. SGBL make no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, with respect to the availability, adequacy, security, or suitability of the items displayed and/or purchased on/via the Super Rewards Website.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, SGBL shall not be liable for any inconveniences, expenses, losses or damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, any direct, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages) resulting from the Cardholder’s use of or inability to use the Super Rewards Website, any product or service purchased through the Super Rewards Website, or from any acts or omissions of its merchant partners.
4. The Cardholder agrees that the access to or use of the Super Rewards Website is at his sole risk and responsibility.
5. In the event of any issue arising out of or in connection with the access to or use of Super Rewards Website, the Cardholder acknowledges and agrees that his exclusive remedy is to discontinue access to Super Rewards Website.
The Cardholder undertakes to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SGBL (including its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any action, claim, loss, liability, expense, cost, damage and proceeding arising from or relating to, directly or indirectly, the Cardholder’s use of Super Rewards, or the Cardholder breach of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable laws or third party rights.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Lebanon. Beirut courts shall have jurisdiction with respect to any dispute or claim that may rise. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SGBL shall have the right to bring any suit before any other court of competent jurisdiction whether local or abroad.